- 4 medium beets, cut into cubes
- 1 package of baby greens salad
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Saute beets for couple of minutes
- Place walnuts in a skillet over medium heat, toast them and then stir in maple syrup
- Cook then until evenly coated, then remove them and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil to make the dressing
- In a large bowl place the baby greens, then add the roasted beets, walnuts and top with the goat cheese and drizzle the dressing over it.