- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ tsp granulated garlic or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped coarsely or rubbed sage
- 1 tsp sea salt
1.Heat up a heavy saucepan, put in the onion, optional red chili flakes, oil, and salt. Sautee until the onions are caramelized.
2. Add the squash, garlic and 3 cups of water. Cover and cook until the squash is soft (about 15-20 minutes).