- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 c chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 bag fresh spinach
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Bring water to boil and cook pasta.
- Coarsely chop veggies while cooking pasta
- Drain pasta , rinse in cold water, and set aside
- Heat olive oil in pan and saute onions and green peppers.
- Add mushrooms and spinach, saute until veggies are soft and spinach is wilted.
- Add marinara sauce and simmer on low for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve sauce on top of pasta or mix pasta and sauce together.